I used to work at an Independent/Assisted Living facility. I loved it. So many of those residents made me laugh and smile. It was a good place to work. Except for the head person (another blog, another story). At any rate, despite really liking what i did I would often daydream about not working and all the things I would do.
I have been unemployed since August 26 and have barely scratched the surface of the many things I said I would do…so I am going to make a list. Kind of like David Letterman but maybe not as funny. I do remember looking at women who were walking while I was driving to work and I would say to my self “That is why you are not in shape, you have to work, if you could stay home you’d be walking every morning.” I actually believed that crap.
Here’s my list.
1. Walk daily.
2. Lift some weights.
3. Yoga or Pilates
seeing a theme here…if you work, you don’t have time to take care of yourself!
4. Make dinner most nights.
5. Purge. I own a lot of crap…
sidebar…I did sell an entire box of stamps on ebay!
6. Sell Mary Kay
7. Teach some stamping classes out of my home and sell some Stampin’ Up.
8. Keep the house dog hair free.
9. Join a bible study. (I actually joined two!)
10. Do the homework for the bible study. (Umm….)
11. Blog again.
15. Write a book. (No really, I have a story in my head…)
16. Go to Ohio and see my brother and a couple other relatives.
Can’t say see my brother without adding
17. Go to Florida and see my sister and Mom and Dad. (This is scheduled for Thanksgiving!)
18. Travel (this is actually Bob’s idea…we have several trips planned)
19. Send monthly care packages to all my kids.
20. Volunteer with the elderly.
21. Read more. (I actually started this over the summer…I listen to books on tape while I walk and have read about 11 books since the summer.)
22. Get the advent calendar out to my nieces well before December first.
24. Make phone calls for TLH. (TLH is our contracting company)
25. Follow up for Bob on jobs.
26. Pack Bob’s lunch everyday. (Ummm….I did do this a few times…)
27. Make plans with friends to do lunch, walk, shop, have coffee, whatever.
28. Make lists of things to do and check them off.
29. Snuggle my kittens.
30. Walk the dog.
This list is not all inclusive and I do feel better having written it because I see that I have done some of these things.
I actually thought in my mind how easy it would be to walk a mile every morning and take the dog. It’s fifteen teeny tiny little minutes.
Haven’t done it once.
But I am on level 214 of Candy Crush!
What’s on your list?
Or, what level of Candy Crush are you on?